Sharing the love of wine, food and music.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Sawmill Mountain Vineyards

Over a year has passed and so much has changed.  My husband and I welcomed our first child, Lillian Eve, on June 13th.  She has brought so much joy to our family and we can't believe how fast she is growing!  Also very exciting, my family and I  have planted a vineyard!

The dream of having our own wine someday has been talked about and talked about for years and finally this year we took the first step in achieving this dream.  I would like to say that I am the brains behind the operation, but truly I must give most of the credit to my father, whose dedication and labor made the vineyard really come together.  We prepared two separate plots of land on my parent's ranch, which together make up about 2 acres of vines.  We planted 5 different grape varietals including: Pinot Noir, Pinot Gris, Cabernet Franc, Grenache and Tempranillo.  We had a late start, but we finally got the vines in the ground this June.  We hope and prayed they would survive and to our delight they have thrived.  We gave the vineyard the ranches original name, Sawmill Mountain. I have attached some photos of how the vines are looking this fall.  They will soon become dormant for winter, but I will keep you updated on our progress.
A look at our Pinot Noir Vines

My father, Lily and Me
Had to include a pic of the cute newlyweds, James and Ashley :)
 A view of some of our Cabernet Franc and Grenache vines








Some of the leaves starting to change for fall

1 comment:

  1. Congrats my friend! Growing roots seems to be a theme for you this year!

    Glad to see you back on the blog!

    ReplyDelete